Clarkston Oaks Family Dentistry offers a full range of dental services for you and your entire family, including cleaning and prevention, fillings, crowns, veneers, and in-office and at-home whitening treatments.
General Dental Services:
Dental Recare Appointments
- Dental Exam
- Your routine dental exam is typically part of your hygiene appointment. The doctor checks more than just your teeth during your exam. In addition to checking the teeth and your bite, the gums, tongue and other structures are examined along with evaluating x-rays and photos.
- Dental X-rays, CariVu Imaging and Photography
- Our office uses digital x-ray technology to obtain high-quality images of your teeth while reducing the radiation by up to 90%.
- Dental photography captures valuable information: the color and position of the teeth, how the teeth come together in the bite, and the gums, tongue and other soft tissues in the mouth.
- CariVu is new technology that uses near-infrared to capture images rather than traditional x-rays. CariVu is an alternative for x-rays (not a replacement) is useful for patients who are pregnant or otherwise have been advised to avoid dental x-rays while under their physician’s care. These images also give useful information to aid with the exam.
- Teeth Cleaning
- Our office utilizes ultrasonic cleaning which is very effective to remove tartar deposits and stain along with flushing bacteria from under the gumline. Many patients find this style of cleaning to be very comfortable. We also utilize a powder jet polishing in addition to the standard traditional polishing.
- Oral Cancer Screening
- About 50,000 people are affected by oral cancer annually. Early detection and treatment is very important in surviving oral cancer. An oral cancer screening is completed during your periodic exams.
- Identafi is a specialized tool that can be used as an aid in the oral cancer screening process.
Repairing and Replacing Teeth
- Tooth Colored Fillings
- Composite resins are used to handle restoring teeth both from new cavities and replacing existing fillings.
- Different styles of crowns are available so the most ideal material can be used for each individual situation.
- Bridges are one of the traditional ways to replace a missing tooth.
- Implants are one of the newest ways to replace missing teeth. They can be for a single tooth, multiple teeth, or used to anchor dentures or partial dentures.
- Dentures and Partial Dentures
- Dentures and partial dentures have many uses to replace teeth and can be done in a traditional method or used with implants so they are anchored and more stable.
- Invisalign is effective for patients who have problems with relapse from previous orthodontic treatment, crowding, spacing, and other bite issues. Invisalign is convenient for adults as it is less easily seen in the mouth, and can be removed for home dental care.
Gum Disease Treatment
- Gingivitis affects the gums and Periodontal Disease affects the gums and bone. Part of your dental exam includes checking for signs of gingivitis and/or periodontal disease. If gum disease is diagnosed, the different ways of treating and re-establishing healthy gums will be discussed with you.
- Root canal therapy can help save teeth and new techniques makes this procedure much faster and more comfortable than in the past.
- Extractions- including removing wisdom teeth, bone grafting, biopsy and removal of various lesions and many other procedures are part of oral surgery. While a general dentist can perform some oral surgery procedures, and oral surgeon is required for others.
- Our friendly staff works well with children and our office sees children as young as one for their first exam. Children love having their picture taken for our Cavity Free Wall!
- Make the “Cavity Free Wall” be a link to the photo of the cavity free wall.
Cosmetic Dental Services:
• Teeth whitening treatments are easy, convenient and affordable. We offer many options to whiten your teeth including in-office, custom trays for at-home use, and professional strength strips.
Cosmetic Dental Bonding
• Cosmetic dental bonding is a fast and affordable way to fix damaged teeth or improve the appearance of gapped teeth. Dental bonding usually only takes one visit to complete
• Porcelain veneers are a longer term yet still conservative solution for damaged teeth, teeth that are off-color, or gapped teeth. They are very stain resistant and can look very natural.
• When the cosmetic concern is the position of the teeth rather than the shape of the teeth, correcting the position of the teeth is a very conservative method to improve esthetics.